Fitness Program Leader- Thomas Embling Hospital
Corporate Health Management (CHM) is Australia’s leading corporate health provider, delivering national health and wellness solutions to some of Australia’s most respected organisations.
Our Fitness Program Leaders possess a genuine desire to encourage and support consumers to achieve their health and fitness goals. Utilising strong rapport building skills you will develop close working relationships with both consumers and staff to successfully plan, develop and implement a variety of fitness and sports based programs within a high security setting at Thomas Embling Hospital, a secure forensic mental health facility in Fairfield.
Hours of work are
Monday – Friday 10am-4pm
This role is casual as part of a rotating roster where typically you’d receive 2-3 shifts per week with staff requiring some availability on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise clients at all times while using the gym/recreational facility
· Design individual exercise and rehabilitation programs for clients and staff
· Complete daily security, maintenance, and risk management checklists
· Facilitate group fitness, sport and recreation programs
· Build rapport with patients and staff through regular promotion of activities and services
· Engage and motivate consumers to attend programs and services
You are passionate about helping people improve their physical and mental wellbeing, and have the ability to build rapport and develop programs for special populations.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
· Cert III & IV in Fitness
· Level 2 First Aid
· Pool Lifeguard (or willing to obtain)
· Minimum of 3 Covid vaccinations and flu vaccination (willing to obtain)
· Demonstrated experience in the fitness industry
· Strong resilience and understanding of mental health challenges
· Exceptional communication skills
· Tertiary qualification in Exercise Science, Human Movement or related field
· Group fitness qualifications
· Experience in mental health or youth work
· Gym access
· Ability to work with and learn from clinical staff including nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists
· No early morning or late evening shifts
For more information, please contact Rhiannon Wade- firstname.lastname@example.org